I’ve taken to making Egg Cups (as we call them at home) every week so that I have quick snacks to eat. I eat a no/low carb diet and so I have to think about what is going to be available for me to snack on during the week. Egg Cups hit the mark with the protein and the ease because once they’ve been in the fridge, I just pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds and they are good to go! Here is a pic of them from my Instagram today!
To make a dozen here is what I use and do:
Cooked breakfast Sausage
Other Add-in’s: chopped green onions, chopped bell peppers, spinach
- Preheat over to 350 degrees!
- Spray a regular muffin pan with cooking spray and place this on a baking sheet – makes it easier to manage.
- In a large bowl with a lip or large measuring cup (i use a huge Pyrex glass measuring cup), crack 12 eggs.
- Whisk the eggs and sprinkle in some pepper, crushed red pepper, and any other spices you might like.
- There’s no science in how I pour into each muffin tin, just get them all even!
- After this, put in a pinch of the sausage, pinch of any of the other add-in’s, and then a sprinkle of cheese.
- After all the cups have been filled, I take a butter knife and mix all the ingredients slightly in the tins.
- Then I pop into the oven and cook from 12-15 minutes, it just depends on your oven. I have a gas oven and it can be temperamental! The way I decide to take them out is when they get really puffy and seem firm the touch.
- After I take them out, I let them sit for a few minutes before getting them out of the tin using a small knife (just to use to lift) and then I let them cool on the baking sheet.
- The puffiness goes away after a bit – I’m still trying to figure out how these people on Pinterest get them so puffy!
After they cool, I put them in a Tupper and put them in the fridge and eat them all week!